- Get a good vet. Plus is it highly recommended you take out comprehensive pet insurance.
- Ensure your dog has regular healthcare including keeping on top of fleas and worms – puppies require worming once a month, adults every 6 months.
- Regularly check for fleas, ticks, other parasites and skin irritations.
- Your Shihtzu is a creature of habit – establish a routine: Regular times for feeding, grooming, exercise and play are very important.
- Get to know your Imperial Shihtzu; their likes, dislikes, fears, favourite toys, foods etc…
- Regular exercise, affection and a balanced diet work wonders for all dogs
Keep in touch with your breeder!
Luckily we think we are going to skip the weight training.